Information Assurance and Cyber Security Degrees in Oklahoma
With a gross domestic product of $190 billion, Oklahoma is a middle-of-the-pack economy that has seen steady growth since the Great Recession. Four Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Oklahoma, and the state is commonly ranked among the most business-friendly in the country, with a diverse range of industries including aviation, energy, financial services, information technology, and healthcare. As with the rest of the country, cyber security professionals are in greater demand than ever before, and at least ten Oklahoma colleges and universities offer programs in cyber security, several of which are CAE-designated.
Cyber Security Jobs in Oklahoma
Oklahoma information security professionals earn an annual mean wage of $45-80k, which is below the national average but should increase with demand. Of the current listed openings, over half are entry-level positions and pay over $50k. Oklahoma City is the largest employment hub in the state and offers numerous job opportunities for cyber professionals, including the headquarters for Chesapeake Energy Corporation and Devon Energy Corporation, plus the United States Federal Aviation Administration, Integris Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, AT&T, Boeing, Cox Communications, and American Fidelity Assurance. From there, explore Tulsa, Norman, and Lawton; or for military personnel and cyber defense specialists, Fort Sill and Tinker Air Force Base offer excellent entry-, mid-, and senior-level security roles.
Cyber Security Degrees in Oklahoma
Certificates in cyber security are available at a half-dozen schools, including Oklahoma State University, Oklahoma City Community College, Redlands Community College, Rose State College, Southern Oklahoma Technology Center, and University of Tulsa.
Two-year associate degrees in cyber security are offered by Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City, Cameron University, Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology-Okmulgee, and Oklahoma City Community College. Specializations vary but include Cyber Information Security and Computer Forensics.
Bachelor’s programs in cyber security and information assurance are offered by Oklahoma State (Main Campus and Oklahoma City), Northeastern State University, Cameron University, and Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology – Okmulgee.
Master’s degrees in cyber security are available from University of Tulsa and OK State, which offers an MS in Information Assurance.
Cyber Security Resources in Oklahoma
State Government Entity/Resource
Other Resorce: Nonprofit education center
Other Resource: FBI/private partnership
Other Resorce: Conference
Other Resorce: Conference
Cyber Security Degree Providers in Oklahoma
Below we’ve included some of the most pertinent information for choosing a cyber security degree program. Affordability looked at the average in-state tuition rate (where applicable) and divided the range of tuition rates into five bins. Each bin contains a roughly $8,000 jump in tuition. So one $ contains schools from roughly $1,000 in in-state tuition to $9,000, $$’s contains schools from >$9,000 to $17,000, and so forth. Retention rate is one of the best predictors of undergraduate education quality. While the NSA/CAE designation marks programs deemed excellent by the NSA.
- Associate in Applied Science in IT – Information Assurance/Security Bachelor of Science in IT – Information Assurance/Security
Northeastern State University
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
Oklahoma City Community College
- Cyber/Information Security Certificate of Mastry OCCC Associate Degree in Applied Science in Cyber Information Security OCCC Associate Degree in Science in Cyber Information Security
Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology-Okmulgee
- Associate in Applied Science in Information Technologies – Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics Associate in Science in Information Technologies – Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics Bachelor of Technology in Information Technologies – Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics
Oklahoma State University-Main Campus
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance Management Information Systems bachelor’s degree – Information Assurance Emphasis Master of Science in Information Assurance
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- Associate in Applied Science in Information Technology – Computer Forensics Option
Redlands Community College
- Computer Forensic Science Certificate of Mastery
Rose State College
- Information Security Certificate Program
Southern Oklahoma Technology Center
- Network Security Professional (System Emphasis) Undergraduate Certificate
University of Tulsa
- Information Security Certificate Information Security Personnel: NSTSSI 4011 Master of Science in Cyber Security