Information Assurance and Cyber Security Degrees in Indiana
An incredibly low cost of living means that cyber security careers in Indiana can afford an excellent standard of living. The majority of Indiana-based cyber security jobs are to be found in Indianapolis, where defense and financial companies hire experts to protect sensitive data. Six Indiana-based schools offer cyber security degrees, and four are considered by the NSA to be “National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Security”.
Indiana Cyber Security Jobs
The vast majority of cyber security jobs in the state are based in Indianapolis, which currently boasts five times as many openings as runner-up Fort Wayne. Tax consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers, based in Indianapolis, regularly posts cyber security jobs, as does defense company Raytheon. In nearby Carmel, Proofpoint is another common employer. This global IT security consulting firm is frequently placed near the top of Cyber Security Venture’s “Cyber Security 500 List”, a ranking of top corporations in the field. The Bureau of Labor Statistics gives a mean wage of $76,860 for cyber security analysts in Indiana. While this number may, at first, seem disturbingly low compared to the national average of $92,600, keep in mind that Indiana is the second-cheapest state in which to live. The capital city itself, Indianapolis, is one of the most affordable cities in the country.
Cyber Security Degrees in Indiana
Associate’s Degrees in cyber security are available through
Ivy Tech Community College, which is considered by the NSA to be a “National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Security” (CAE).
Bachelor’s Degrees in cyber security are offered by Purdue University-Northwest and Indiana University Bloomington, both CAEs.
Master’s Degrees in cyber security are available through a total of four universities in Indiana, all of which are CAEs.
Certificates and Doctoral Degrees in cyber security are offered by two institutes in the state, both CAEs. Indiana University Bloomington confers Ph.D.’s in Computer Science with a Minor in Security Informatics as well as Informatics with a Security Informatics Track. Purdue University has a Ph.D. program in Computer Science with an Info-Security Focus.
Cyber Security Resources in Indiana
State Government Entity/Resource
State Government Entity/Resource
Other Resource: Summit
Other Resource: Nonprofit resource center
Other Resource: Nonprofit private/public partnership
Cyber Security Degree Providers in Indiana
Below we’ve included some of the most pertinent information for choosing a cyber security degree program. Affordability looked at the average in-state tuition rate (where applicable) and divided the range of tuition rates into five bins. Each bin contains a roughly $8,000 jump in tuition. So one $ contains schools from roughly $1,000 in in-state tuition to $9,000, $$’s contains schools from >$9,000 to $17,000, and so forth. Retention rate is one of the best predictors of undergraduate education quality. While the NSA/CAE designation marks programs deemed excellent by the NSA.
Indiana University Bloomington
- M.S. in Secure Computing Master of Science in Cybersecurity Risk Management
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis
- Health Information Security Certificate Network Security Certificate
Ivy Tech Community College
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in Cyber Security-Information Assurance Associate of Science degree in Cyber Security/Information Assurance Digital Forensics Certificate Network Penetration Certificate Network Security Certificate Technical Certificate in Cyber Security-Information Assurance
- Interdisciplinary Masters Program in Information Security Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program in Information Security Master of Science in Computer Science – Information Security Focus Master of Science in Information Security for Computing Professionals Phd in CS with an Info-Security Focus
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Technology Master of Science in Technology – Concentration in Computer Information Technology
- Online Master of Science in Cyber Security